Re: Network Installs (was: Essential bloat)

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 06:30:28PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo was heard to say:

> Guys, guys, guys, please!  Let's discuss this on the right list.
> Debian-devel is not the right list.
>
> We *are* planning on having at least http download of the base system
> very soon now.
>
> As for this and any other wishlists about boot-floppies, please
> discuss them on the right list, <debian-boot>.
>
> Coders always wanted and needed!  Fast network connection a plus!

  Is this list open and/or working?  I've tried to subscribe several times over
the last week and can't seem to get on; each time I get the
"CONFIRM [long string]" message, but when I reply nothing happens.  Actually,
one time something did happen -- I got a reply saying my confirmation had
failed.  That was when I sent a second confirmation after waiting 3 days for
some sort of indication that the first had worked.  Am I just unlucky? :)

  Daniel

--
"You keep on using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."
  -- "The Princess Bride"