Re: debconf apt configurator

Le Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 03:09:25AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo écrivait:
> Okay, sounds good for the network part.  Regarding CD-ROM, I think it
> should *first* check in some reasonable locations on whether a CD-ROM
> is present.  I've CC'd <debian-cd>, perhaps they can give us some

I guess that we could check for <cdrom>/.disk/info to see if it's a
debian CD. This file does contain a short description of the CD (it's used
by dpkg-multicd mainly).

> Now this system would also have to deal with the CD ordering issues,
> if any; again, I look to <debian-cd> to offer guidance here.

Well the .disk/info file does contain the CD number. Actually (with YACS)
it does generate something like that :
Debian GNU/Linux $(CODENAME) (unofficial) binary-$(ARCH) $num/$nb $DATE

For the official images of course, we'll remove the unofficial and we'll
add the version number (2.2).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/