Re: 2.2.12 kernel apm

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Ian Redfern wrote:

 : I raised this as bug 42258, and Herbert Xu fixed it in his upload a week ago. It
 : was a Debian request ages ago that got APM to be boot-time configurable even if
 : compiled in, although on unpatched kernels it still defaults to on rather than
 : off.
 : Some documentation is clearly needed - maybe apmd should mention it when it gets
 : installed? Liloconfig?

It might also be a good idea to inform laptop users w/ debian installed
that an unpatched kernel will behave differently than a patched one (or
am I reading this wrong?)

For example, I'm running 2.2.13pre14 and this is the first I'd heard of
the apm kernel parameter.

Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD
mailto:finn@midco.net           http://www.midco.net
finger finn@home.midco.net for PGP Key: (0xA33B86E9)