Re: apt-get configurator for boot-floppies?

> For PCI users, I remember someone on #debian-devel had done a little
> script that could pick your video card and X server.  One of the most
> confusing things for new users is picking the vid card.  The script
> worked cross platform (so long as it was PCI).  I don't remember the
> name of it or who did it.

That was me. I posted a message here a couple of weeks ago, and didn't get
any responses.

I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. The script detects a lot of
common pci cards, and can in theory detect any pci card provided we match up
the pci id with the appropriate X driver.

I am also look at doing some detection using the fb devices on different
platforms (e.g. sparc), but i don't have any info about that yet.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/