Re: apt-get configurator for boot-floppies?

On 15 Sep 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Hey, as you may know we're removing all non-apt acquisition methods
> from the boot-floppies, now that apt can handle them all better
> (except perhaps for wierd proxy ftp gateways).

0.3.x supports even the weirdest of FTP gateways now. What it doesn't
support is socks and there seems to be some weird defectiveness with
certain HTTP proxies (wwoffle, rproxy and apache in caching mode)

> I'm wondering if there's going to be any sort of way that we could
> ease the configurability of apt for newbies.  The [A]ccess action from
> dselect triggers one current system, which is inadequate.

Nobody has offered to write such a thing and I haven't any intention of
doing so myself.. But yes, something like this is needed.

Jason