Re: Boot-Floppies: task packages

* "Paul" == Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> wrote:

Paul> Please cc me on any followups.
Paul> On Wed 15 Sep 1999, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

Paul> Whatever. I love ncftp :-) The ftp clients should probably
Paul> provide: ftp-client (as a virtual package), then ftp-client
Paul> would be enough.

Yes, a nice idea. I put it on my todo list. Eventually, I find some
time to persue this. Anyone else reading this mail is of cause invited
to do this prior to me.

For virtual package, I want to provide an entry like "real-package |
virtual-package". I don't think it is required, but I think it is
nicer somehow. Call me weird :-)

>> OK for sox, but mgetty? Maybe for a so far non-existent task-dialin
>> package, but I don't know why it should be part of task-dialup.

Paul> isdnutils suggests mgetty, so dselect will probably pull it in
Paul> anyway.

Only if using dselect. For the boot floppies, we want to use apt-get
install and not use dselect at all. This is also the reason we can
only use Depends:

Paul> Generally: the profiles that are in slink are way too general. I
Paul> prefer to see more smaller tasks that can be selected, which
Paul> seems what's happening now. Good work!

Thanks.

Ciao,
	Martin