Re: Booting problems!

hj.vink@hccnet.nl writes:

> Nathan Duehr wrote:

> > Make sure you try the Tecra disk images

> I've read it and tried it. But thats a 'no go'

> Any other suggestions.....?

If I recall, your problem is that you cannot get past 'loading
root.bin' -- or was it 'loading linux....'.

I would suggest checking the BIOS settings.  Make sure processor
cache, shadow ram, and all that jazz is turned off.  Try a few things.
Try removing unneccesary cards.  Read the install manual -- it talks
about this.

This is on a laptop, right?  Thinkpad 770?  Or was that someone else?

If none of that helps, could you fill out a complete report as a bug
report against boot-floppies?  Include full hardware info and what you
see on your screen and all the different stuff you tried.

Really sorry for the inconvenience!