Re: 2.2.11 boot floppies

> Looking toward the future and not just quick hacks like this, I think we
> need to make a kernel package that is installed via dpkg after the base
> system is booted and has extra modules in it. Things like modular sound, etc,
> that just won't fit on the drivers floppy. And of course, initrd is direly
> needed, but everyone already knew that.

This is an old but good idea. We build a full kernel with all included (mainly
modules) and remove unnescessary modules for the boot-floppies.
If we do this also for /usr/doc, man and info (or /usr/share ...) and re-install
it after boot-up we will get some more free space. We can use it for language-files.

Regards,

     Hartmut