Re: Support for pt_BR in DebianDoc

gleydson@linuxbr.com.br writes:

> Hello, this is the first time that I am sending a message for this list.
>
> After I translated the manual of installation of Debian to the
> Portuguese, I am with a problems to generate the documento with the
> package Debiandoc.
> When is generated a file text (debiandoc2text)	is showed the message:
>
> Warning: locale pt_BR not supported, using default en_US.ISO8859-1.
>
> This error not affects the generation of characterses and not
> it interrupts the compilation of the document.
> But when is generated the file .htm (debiandoc2html), appear the error:
>
> Fatal: Can't locate URI/URL.pm in @INC (@INC contente: /usr...) and
> the compilation end here.
>
> I already verified that it is a mistake in my machine, the file URL.pm
> doesn't really exist. I am using the package debiandoc 1.1.24 and it
> didn't show any mistake during its installation (or any dependence).

I think there are reasons why Ardo doesn't include the dependancy on,
uh, liburi-perl, (since it's only needed for debiandoc2html) but you
might install that package.  It *is* in the 'suggests' for the
package.

> Do I have to do some specific configuration to solve this problem or to
> install another package?
>
> Another detail: in the text file, I verified that the followings
> messages has to be translated for the portuguese.
>
> Copyright Summary -> Aviso de Copyright
> Abstract	  -> Resumo
> Contents	  -> Conteúdo do Documento (Conteúdo)

It seems to me that you need to work with the debiandoc-sgml
maintainer, Ardo, here CC'd, to get Brazilian Portuguese to be
supported (or just use the stock Portugues, whatever).