Re: bug in install

"Phillip R. Jaenke" <prj@nls.net> writes:

   Folks, there's a nasty ugly bug at install that's pissing me off.
[...]
   Install expects the 'rescue' disk you provide with the kernel on it to be
   *EXT2*.

   The rescue disk is NOT ext2. It is either msdos, minix, or syslinux. Never
   ext2.

No, Debian uses ext2.  There is no reason not to use ext2.  We had an
extensive discussion about this on debian-boot (CC'd).  ext2 doesn't
take up any more space on the rescue floppies and it eliminates the
need to support the obsolete minix filesystem in the rescue floppy
kernel.
--
"It takes a certain amount of shamelessness
 to be a monomaniac billionaire dwarf."