Re: resc1440tecra ok but image?

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 07:19:58PM +0200, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tested the 2.1.8 set of disks, and resc1440tecra.bin
> boots ok on my Thinkpad600.
> That's good.
>
> The initial page tells that the kernel is
> kernel-image 2.0.36-scsind
> but my mirror doesn't report this package.

As with the old tecra ones, that's a custom kernel Herbert build and
uploaded to incoming, just for the boot-floppies team, not for the FTP
archive. :-(

> I have not checked the drv disk, as I suppose it also have pcmcia.
> As above my mirror does not have a pcmcia-modules for that kernel.
>
> >From the various test I made I noticed that if I didn't install
> those custom packages, then a subsequent upgrade can put a too-big
> kernel, or non working pcmcia.

It shouldn't. The base system doesn't contain a kernel-image package, nor
a pcmcia-modules package, so there's no way for an upgrade to install one
unless the user selects it himself.