Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes

Steve> To make the CDs more useful and easier to mirror, the
Steve> Packages.cd files have been slightly rearranged. Previously,
Steve> each disc in a set had the full set of Packages.cd references
Steve> for all packages on all the CDs in the set. Now, each disc only
Steve> knows about the contents of itself and any prior discs in the
Steve> set, and the source CDs now have no Packages files on them at
Steve> all:

Steve> binary CD 1 knows about main section 1 binary CD 2 knows about
Steve> main sections 1&2, contrib, optionally non-US source (3&4) are
Steve> identical for each arch, no packages files (optional) 5 knows
Steve> about main(1&2), contrib and non-free.

Steve> So if we tell the user to place the last binary CD in their
Steve> drive when starting dselect, all should work. It means we can
Steve> have a smaller set of CD images than any other scheme, which is
Steve> an important consideration.  Previously we'd have needed 5
Steve> discs per arch, now we need 10 total. OK?

Um, I think so.  Bear with me --- Here is my snippet from
'dselect-beginner.sgml' which discusses the multi_cd method.  Could
you check it for accuracy?

One more question --

Quite large and powerful, this complex method is the recommended way
of installing a recent version of Debian from a set of multiple binary
CDs. Each of these CDs should contains information about the packages
in itself and all prior CDs (in the file <file>Packages.cd</file>).
When you first select this method, be sure the CD-ROM you will be
using is not mounted. Place the last disk of the set in the drive and
answer the questions you are asked:
	CD-ROM drive location
	Confirmation that you are using a multi-cd set
	The location of the Debian distribution on the disk(s)
	[ Possibly ] the location(s) of the Packages file(s)
Once you have updated the available list and selected the packages to
be installed, the multi-cd method diverges from normal procedure. You
will need to run an ``install'' step for each of the CDs you have in
turn. Unfortunately due to the limitations of dselect it will not be
able to prompt you for a new disk at each stage; the way to work for
each disk is
	Insert the CD in your CD-ROM drive.
	From the main dselect menu, select ``Install''.
	Wait until dpkg finishes installing from this CD (it may
	report installation successful, or possibly installation
	errors. Don't worry about these until later).
	Hit [Return] to go back to the main dselect menu.
	Repeat with the next CD in the set...
It may be neccesary to run the installation step more than once to
cover the order of package installation - some packages installed
early may need to have later packages installed before they will
configure properly.
Running a ``Configure'' step is recommended, to help fix any packages
that may end up in this state.

	    <tag>multi_nfs, multi_mount</tag>
These are very similar to the multi-cd method above, and are
refinements on the theme of coping with changing media, for example if
installing off a multi-cd set exported via NFS from another machine's
CD-ROM drive.