Re: Install manual, Finnish translation STARTED

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:17:41 +0000, Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> said:
> Just to be sure: to add the spanish translation of the install
> manual to the boot-floppies sources I just have to put it in
> documentation/install.es.sgml , right?

Yes, let's do that.

>> That seems like the best place to put it.  I don't know how we're
>> going to handle looping over the Makefile for each language, *and*
>> for each platform -- clues?

> Not from me, I'm still thinking about the best way to build all the
> translated rescue floppies... :-(

In top level Makefile:

ALL_LINGUA := C es de fi		# could be auto-detected ...?

all-lang-releases:
	set -e						;\
	for lang in $(ALL_LINGUA); do			\
		$(MAKE) LINGUA=$$lang release		;\
	done

# for my benefit...
all-lang-docs:
	set -e						;\
	for lang in $(ALL_LINGUA); do			\
		$(MAKE) LINGUA=$$lang docs		;\
	done

all-lang-all-arch-docs:
	for lang in $(ALL_LINGUA); do			\
		$(MAKE) LINGUA=$$lang all-arch-docs	;\
	done

I'm going to need to just skip building documentation in
'documentation/Makefile' if the translated versions don't exist, but
without causing the whole build to fail.