Re: Install manual, Finnish translation STARTED

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 02:08:31AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Um, I guess.  What would be in it?

Here are sample entries from Tapio's dictionary:

boot    kylmäkäynnistys, 'boottaus'
custom  räätälöity
daemon  demoni
dependency      riippuvuus

> Do you mean a glossary?

No, a dictionary: a relation between Finnish and English words.

> BTW, do you have CVS access, i.e., shell on master?

I do.  Tapio does not yet.

> Ok, so to build the finnish installation manual you need
> debiandoc-sgml from potato?

Yes and no.  You can build it with Slink debiandoc-sgml, but the automatic
strings (Abstract, Table of contents ad so forth) would be in English, not
Finnish.

> That seems like the best place to put it.  I don't know how we're
> going to handle looping over the Makefile for each language, *and* for
> each platform -- clues?

Have a standardized Makefile that builds all translations that are available.

	Antti-Juhani

                 "Fight them without becoming them."
           (J. Michael Straczynski: Babylon 5, 3rd Season)