Re: more language support

On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 04:41:13PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> I was rather surprised when I found out that separate disks were needed for
> each language. Are we really that full? The two things needed that take up
> room are having the different translations of the text and the locale info.
> I doubt that i18n would add even 1MB to the boot floppies.

Currently it's just one _rescue_ floppy for each language. The base system
contains all the translations (and I'm adding >1MB for 2.1.7 as I'm going
to include locales*.deb).

I would like to include gettext support and several translations on the
rescue floppy, but I have been moving too many things out of the rescue
disk just to be able to build it. I bet gettext and translations won't
fit.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es