Re: more language support

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 04:02:23AM +0900, Changwoo Ryu wrote:
> Shaleh <shaleh@livenet.net> writes:
>
> > > we need much more language support for potato! This begins at the
> > > boot-floppies
> > > and ends by the debian/control.<language> for each package.
> > >
> > > The debian boot-floppies have now generic language support, but it isn't
> > > currently
> > > possible to select the language from start-up. I prefer this method and not
> > > the one
> > > to create boot-floppies for every language. If this doesn't fit on the
> > > floppies this
> > > should then go to the cdrom.
> >
> > Space is too limited on the floppy I am sure.
>
> But the Red Hat installation floppies do that.  14 languages are
> supported in 5.2, without different disks for different languages.

IIRC, RH uses two floppies, in the first one they have a small kernel and
the hardware detection tool, in the second one they have the installation
system and the languages. We have a huge kernel and the installation
system on the first floppy. If you think you can stuff 14 languages in
there, please, show me how. :-)

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es