Re: Test of the 2.1.5 install floppies

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 11:49:28PM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> Important note:
>
> I've just found out (the hard way) that if you have NT4 installed on your
> machine, lilo-20 (the one we have in slink) will simply prevent it from
> booting (BSOD with the message "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"). I've just
> uploaded a fixed lilo package targeted to frozen.
> Needless to say I think we should use it for the boot floppies, since it
> would be pretty bad for Debian's image to break the NT setups. Sorry for
> not finding this one earlier, but I just (since yesterday) adopted lilo.

OK, I'll build 2.1.7 in a few days.

[...]
> NB: from the messages of the CVS updates it seemed that the disks were
> i18n'ed but the ones you uploaded seem to be in English only; is it
> because it's not the definitive version or did I miss something obvious?

I'm not building boot floppies versions in other languages because I
can't test them. Not all the translations are up-to-date, and trying to
build rescue floppies in 9 languages on the same "debian/rules build" run
probably won't work. (Also, currently one has to define the language on
the Makefile. I may modify it easily to go through the list of available
languages building a rescue floppy for each, but I haven't done it yet).

> Although I may be wrong, it must be someone who _should_ have selected
> fr-latin1 anyway.

I see. As you know more about those keyboards than I do, I'll accept your
suggestion and remove it.

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es