Re: Test of the 2.1.5 install floppies

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 09:03:11PM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> hello,
>
> I've just tried the last install floppies. Here are some comments about
> it:

(FYI, I've uploaded boot-floppies 2.1.6 to chiark a few hours ago).

> 1/ keyboard selection:
>
> - Why change the previous 'us, be, fr, etc...' keyboard descriptions
> into 'qwerty/us, azerty/be, azerty/fr, etc...'. It doesn't buy much
> IHMO.

That was a change in kbd-data. I just followed suit.

> - I think we can get rid of the 'azerty/azerty' kbd description, since
> AFAIK every french keyboard produced in the last 10 years use the
> fr-latin1 keymapping. (This could help to save some room on the boot
> floppy).

Just a few hours after I moved from us, be, fr, ... to qwerty/*, ... I
received a bug report about not being able to read azerty/azerty (there
was a typo in my code, where I wrote qzerty/azerty) so I guess there are
people out there that still uses that.

> 2/ Base system configuration:
>
> While installing the sbpcd module, I have the message:
> ---
> eval: 1: Syntax error: OEF in backquote substitution
>
> script: cd /dev && rm -f cdrom && ln -s sbpcd0 cdrom
> eval: 1: Syntax error: OEF in backquote substitution
>

> Installation succeeded.
> ---
> Typing 'lsmod' in the shell on <alt-F2> shown the module has been
> effectivelly installed, so this seem to be just an aesthetic issue.

Oops, that looks like a modconf bug. I'll look at it.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es