Re: amiga 'native OS' install

Hi,

> >> Re: 2.1.5: seems almost none of my diffs made it in there. The
> >> whole makedev stuff, the missing 'amiga' etc. arguments to
> >> rootdisk.sh, just to name a few.  So don't waste your time on
> >> 2.1.5; I'll post a diff here when I've got it to build.
>
> > Where did you send your diffs? I think I've applied all the patches
> > I've received (sent to me, to the debian-boot list or to the CVS
> > repository).
>
> Enrique, you must have missed the message.  He keeps his stuff on
> master.debian.org:~schmitz/boot-floppies.

That's where I upload my stuff for testing by the other m68k
maintainers, and I keep the current diff with it in case my build system
headcrashes or burns or something similar.

> Michael, are you on <debian-boot> or not?  If not, you should be.

I'm not. I don't know how high volume that list is, but I'd prefer
to stay off any further high volume list. linux-m68k, linux-mac68k,
debian-68k, m68k-build are quite enough. And I'd like to counter the
apparent misconception that I'm 'the m68k boot-floppies guy'. By the
time the next release comes around, I'm going to be without the fast
Mac I build on this time, and my Falcon just doesn't cut it (if it
survives that long).

> For your convenience, I have downloaded that patch, pulled out the
> master2files stuff (which I separately sent to Stephane), and shall
> include those patches in this message.
>
> Michael, regarding your patches, I'm not expert but I had a few
> comments.  It seems you add a number of extra files which (I think!)
> should be integrated into other, existing files.  For instance,
> package-m68k.sh should be part of the top level Makefile?

It is, but it's a rather lengthy section, hence the idea to separate
it off. Can't think of any other new file added except for the bootargs,
which I could write from a shell script.

> Speaking of the top level Makefile, you can avoid having localization
> settings affect the top-level makefile (I hope!) with proper use of
> Makefile.config.  Or if that doesn't do it for you, hack it so it
> does.

Sorry, I don't get that. What localization settings do affect the Makefile?

	Michael