Re: amiga 'native OS' install

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:48:42 -0800 (PST), micha@schmitzm.hip.berkeley.edu (Michael Schmitz) said:
> And I'd like to counter the
> apparent misconception that I'm 'the m68k boot-floppies guy'. By the
> time the next release comes around, I'm going to be without the fast
> Mac I build on this time, and my Falcon just doesn't cut it (if it
> survives that long).

I don't think we care who is the 'official maintainer', just so long
as someone or some people take an interest and get things done, as you
have. Look at how much farther along the m68k install manual is
compared to the Alpha.  That's because of you, mostly.

>> Speaking of the top level Makefile, you can avoid having
>> localization settings affect the top-level makefile (I hope!) with
>> proper use of Makefile.config.  Or if that doesn't do it for you,
>> hack it so it does.

> Sorry, I don't get that. What localization settings do affect the
> Makefile?

The top-level Makefile includes another file called Makefile.config.
This is what I use so that my settings for my box don't mark the file
as modified, and so I can upgrade that file w/o having to re-do my
changes.