Re: makedev patch for m68k boot floppies

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >> Hmm... I've parameterized it (it might be different per platform) and
> >> set it to 5.
> >
> >The docs should be changed to reflect this.
>
> Um, actually, I *only* changed it in the docs.  It might take a bit
> to propogate to the page, and even longer of course for a new
> boot-floppies 2.1.5 to come out.
>
> Where else does it have to be changed?

Uh, you should add a big fat warning for the pppconfig part. Unless I've
missed it, nothing in the pppconfig menus mentions that the only setup
used by the initial setup script (7.17, after setting root password
and user account, IIRC even before selecting the installation profile
which isn't mentioned either in 7.17) is 'provider'.

pppconfig informed me that I could create multiple setups so I
created 'home-ip', didn't create 'provider' and couldn't connect.

Plus some dialup sites require more than \c\d after login. I.e.
'ppp' on Annexen. But that's a bug in pppconfig.

	Michael