Re: A few thoughts about 2.1.4

On Monday 4 January 1999, at 23 h 49, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> > Now that 2.1.4 is installed in slink, I'll close some bugs related
> > to the keymap, if nobody objects, and I'll try to trim down the list
> > of bugs by closing incredibly old bugs which cannot be solved now
> > anyway. No problem?
>
> Please go ahead.

Big cleaning done (and will continue). It is a violation of the Debian
Maintainer's Reference which says that only developers should close bugs but
nevertheless...

I think that the BTS is a really useful tool and old and stale bugs just
prevent to use it. They make difficult to assert the real state of a package.