comments on Debian Alpha HOWTO

Hi.  I'm taking over maintenance of the Debian Installation Manual.
Believe it or not, I'm trying to integration installation documentation
for *all* of the platforms to be release.  I've been reading through
and culling material from you Alpha installation HOWTO.

In the Section "Alpha machines and architectures", you talk about
the different architectures, but you don't really explain.  Are those
architectures actually supported by Linux?  Are they supported by the
Debian boot disks?

In the top level Makefile of the Debian boot-floppies distribution,
we read:

alpha_arches:= avanti xl xlt cabriolet eb66 eb66p eb64p eb164 pc164 \
      lx164 sx164 jensen noname takara mikasa noritake alcor \
      miata miata-s sable sable-g book1 ruffian

These are the names of the sub-architectures which are used to build
the boot disks.  However, I'm having a hard time matching up *some*
of them with the architectures you list... could you help me make
the connections?

My main desire, actually, is to clearly indicate the machines for
which you can use the boot disks -- i.e., some alpha architectures
may be supported by Debian in general but not by the boot disks.

What do you think about integrating the installation documentation?