Re: Conflicts in blends metapackage dependencies

Hi Dominik,

Am Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 02:17:39PM +0200 schrieb Dominik George:
> > Or at least I invited you.  Thinking twice about it I should probably
> > rise your permissions to "Maintainer" once you accepted since you
> > probably want to commit your Blends code into this team - at least
> > this has some advantages if you do.  If not please let us know what
> > repository on Salsa you are using to develop your Blend to enable
> > checking the new code with your Blend.
>
> Hmm, I suspect that would only be a good idea in case it should at
> some point be accepted as a Pure Blend, right?

There is no such process like "accepting a Pure Blend".  Its probably
accepted if the following conditions are fulfilled:

   1. Metapackages in Debian repository
   2. Announced on web site.

Not everything in Salsa is uploaded but makes perfectly sense there,
This is not only the case for Blends but in general.

> For now, it's mostly experimentation.

Since some time I'm experimenting with

    https://blends.debian.org/imaging/
    https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/imaging

which is not announced and not frequently maintained but makes sense at
least for me anyway.

Its usually a couple of files in a repository and may be others can
learn from it - or in your case test tools.  I do not see any reason to
hide your experiments on your local disk.