Re: Conflicts in blends metapackage dependencies

On Wed, 2023-08-23 at 16:11 +0200, Dominik George wrote:

> When defining metapackages for the blend tasks, I can define
> relations to other packages as Depends, Recommends and Suggests.
> But my task also needs to prevent some packages from being
> installed, so I need to define a Conflicts relationship.
>
> It seems that the blends-dev tooling cannot do that, but
> chapter 6.1.2 of [1] suggests that it is possible. And sure enough,
> it is possible, if I define meta-packages myself. But what
> about meta-packages generated by the blends-dev tools?

I think doing this properly would require extending tasksel to
allow support for it, then extending blends-dev to support it.

Once that is done you can use the support within your blend task.

BTW: the Breaks field is preferred to Conflicts in Debian,
so I suggest that should be added as well as Conflicts.

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#conflicting-binary-packages-conflicts
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#packages-which-break-other-packages-breaks

--
bye,