Re: ArcheOS as a Debian pure Blend

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 11:48 PM Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> From a cursory look that dataset seems odd, however (e.g. listing at
> http://deriv.debian.net/ArcheOS/diff_source_packages some versions of
> archeos as same in Debian but I am unaware of that package existing in
> Debian at all), so your pointing out some highlights of differences
> would indeed be a good start, I think.

FYI, that file is a comparison between the source packages listed in
ArcheOS Sources and Packages files, not between ArcheOS and Debian.

http://deriv.debian.net/ArcheOS/sources_source_packages
http://deriv.debian.net/ArcheOS/packages_source_packages

The ArcheOS packages that seem like they were never in Debian are here:

http://deriv.debian.net/ArcheOS/sources.new

It appears there are no ArcheOS packages that are modified from
Debian, but due to the downtime of the repository I think this is
incorrect. I note that the comparison log has some "action: return
files None" in it, which means it couldn't download a file to create
patches. The packages affected by this are apt-setup base-files
cloudcompare desktop-base totalopenstation vlfeat and these are all
packages in Debian. The ArcheOS package versions indicate that they
are modified from the Debian ones.

http://deriv.debian.net/ArcheOS/sources.log

--
bye,