Re: [SPAM] ArcheOS as a Debian pure Blend

[Luca Bezzi]
> I am not sure this is the right place to write, so I hope my mail will
> be not OT.

Not off topic at all.  Welcome. :)

> My question is: it would be possible to start an ArcheOS project as a
> Debian Pure Blend?

Not quite sure what you understand with "start as a Debian Pure Blend",
but it mostly consist of getting all the packages you want into Debian
as official packages, and providing one or a set of "metapackages"
depending on the packages in question.

> In this case, what would be the first step? IMHO I could start
> reviewing ArcheOS software list and check which software is already
> packaged and what not.

Creating a list of packages inside and outside of Debian is a good
start.  It is also good to have an idea what kind of special
configuration you do in your distribution.

For us non-archaeologists, what kind of software is the key part of
ArcheOS?  Looking at the blog, it seem to have some overlap with Debian
GIS related packages, but is there some special software for
archaeologist, or is it just the collection selection that is special?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen