Re: Non-normalised field Provides in UDD table

Hi Ole,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 12:51:39PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:

> > I've read this - but how did you actually *used* this setting.
> > What are you doing on your side to trigger the UDD option?
>
> I just added it to my Makefile and it works. Complete astro/Makefile:
>
> ```
> #!/usr/bin/make -f
>
> BLENDMAKEFILE=/usr/share/blends-dev/Makefile
>
> CheckBLENDMakefile := $(shell if [ -e $(BLENDMAKEFILE) ] ; then echo 1 ; else echo 0 ; fi)
> ifeq ($(CheckBLENDMakefile),1)
>     include $(BLENDMAKEFILE)
> else
>     err := $(shell echo "$(BLENDMAKEFILE) is missing.  Please install blends-dev package!")
> endif
>
> export GENCONTROL_OPTS := --udd
>
> dummy:
> 	@echo $(err)
> ```
>
> Note that in the moment, the GENCONTROL_OPTS need to be defined *after*
> the blends-dev/Makefile inclusion, since the latter set it to be empty
> (I'll change that in a moment, however).

Noted from changelog...

See my other remark about the removal of the command line option.

> > Well, also apt cache is a moving target.  So if we do not talk about
> > reproducible test conditions and just want to debug the libodil0-dev
> > issue in a defined time frame, the debug task can be helpful.
>
> Yes; I finally did a minimal blend with one task containing just that
> one dependency.

:-)

> > In summary: I'm fine with a 0.7.0 release to unstable if there is a
> > documented way to turn on the UDD option.  (I'm obviously to stupid and
> > always need to trigger it manually. :-((((( )
>
> Check if the thing above works.

I've checked that it works after the removal of "GENCONTROL_OPTS := ".

So my last concern (which I also expressed in my answer to your commit)
is that the --udd option now seems to have gone and I can not see in the
log whether UDD is really used or not.  Since the output is quite blurry
anyway I wonder whether some line in the very end saying something like

   "Creation of {tasksel|control) file was done using {apt cache|UDD}"

Thanks again