Re: Accepted blends 0.6.101 (source) into experimental

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 11:06:59AM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> > Yes.  Depends and Recommends were synonyms.  The old code made sure that
> > no Depends will remain in the resulting control file.  May be the term
> > "Format" is not very well choosen since the format of the tasks files
> > can not really be distinguished.  Its rather the *interpretation* of the
> > file that has changed.  In 1.1 it is permitted that a Depends remains
> > (and thus Recommends need to be specified explicitly).
>
> "Format" should refer to syntax *and* semantic. So if we do an
> incompatible change in how things are interpreted, we should give a new
> version number.

ACK.

> And the old format allowed (at least factically) also to end lines with
> a backslash, while the new format is in contrast strict Deb822.

That's correct.

> You may now upgrade Debian Med tasks as well with the "-U" flag.
>
> >>             for key, value in p.items():
> >>                 if key == 'Recommends':   # This downgrades Recommends
> >>                     key = 'Suggests'      # to Suggests
> >  ... but only if the package is not available in the target
> >  distribution.
>
> The check for availability happens later (in the "fix_dependencies()" method).

Fine but may be I understand your code wrong - Recommends should just
stay recommends here and not changed to Suggests.

> > I'll test as soon as possible.  I can even test a commit before
> > uploading if you confirm that this is your target for an upload.
>
> I do the development in my personal salsa project:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/olebole/python-debian-blends
>
> You can take out "blends.py" there and use it as blend-gen-tasks. Take
> care since some flags are changed, and the tool directly writes the
> files instead of dumping to stdout.

In this case it might be probably more convenient if you just ping me
once you pushed your release candidate to the official repository and
give me 12 hours (hope that will be sufficient) for a quick check.