Re: change proposal for handling of Depends: field in task files

Hi all,

Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> writes:
> Nonetheless, the current status of blends-dev is:
>
>  1. it now fully suppors two modes "nodepends=true" (aka -D) and
>     "nodepends=false (aka without -D)
>  2. the "nodepends=true mode is the default

I still think it would be better to depend on a tag within the tasks
file.

There is one more question now coming up: in the blends tasks pages, we
currently have two sections covering files in main:

* "Official Debian packages with high relevance" (Depends: and
  Recommends: fields in the tasks pages)
* "Official Debian packages with lower relevance" (Suggests: fields in
  the tasks pages)

After the change, we will have an additional section with the packages
that essential (the new "Depends:" section).

First question: how should that be named?
Second question: how do we handle the transition to not have the
packages silently in wrong sections?

Best regards

Ole