change proposal for handling of Depends: field in task files

Hi,

I have been sitting with Andreas Tille half of the day and we looked at the debian-edu src:package.

As Andreas said, that the handling of task files is very similar to the handling of debian/control files, I raised my eye browse once I understood that the Depends: field is actually an alias for Recommends: in blends task files.

Sooo...

This makes not much sense IMHO. Intuitively looking at the task concept.

Thus, I'd like to propose quite an invasive change (that can be addressed easily).

(1) in blend packages that use Depends: we should replace those by Recommends: (2) changes the code in blends-dev in a away that package under Depends: in task
      files _indeed_ end up under Depends: in debian/control.
-> we currently do sed hacks for some critical packages in debian-edu and
         move one package from Recommends: to Depends:
      -> but there are actually more candidates...

Andreas mentioned an earlier discussion that meta packages should not have packages under Depends:, only under Recommends:. For Debian Edu, I slightly disagree with that, as we in Debian Edu really need some package to get installed with our blends edu-task packages.

RFC! :-)

Thanks,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31