Re: Blends integration into the Debian Installer

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
>> BTW, Since the debian-blends-task.desc was created from what I found
>> in https://www.debian.org/blends/ and DebianParl was not listed as
>> having metapackages, it is currently missing in the
>> debian-blends-tasks.desc file (the same for Debian Design and
>> FreedomBox). So, if DebianParl should be included there: could you add
>> its section to the file, or send me a patch?
>>
>> If DebianParl uses metapackages, it would be also good to have a link
>> to a web representation of these in https://www.debian.org/blends/;
>> this would IMO make the blend more transparent.
>
> I guess the reason for those blends missing at www.debian.org page is
> related to disputes on a) whether only metapackages can be blends, and
> b) if blends not yet in stable should be listed.  It seems to me that at
> least the latter of those disputes is orthogonal to the work of listing
> blends as options in debian-installer.

Debian Parl is listed there, and is not in stable yet, and also has no
links to its metapackages. It is in principle orthogonal to the listing
for the Debian installer; however: this listing is done manually, and
when I did it, I needed to gather the information which blends to
include. I took the www.d.o/blends page as the definitive source for
such information, and I am probably not the only one. I got misleaded
here, the next one will probably as well. So, why not just include a
link to the metapackage listing of Debian Parl there?

Again, please be pragmatic here.

Best regards

Ole