Re: My sprint report

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:19:12AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
>>
>> From the udd git log, I can see that you also completed the reading of
>> upstream/metadata in udd. Could you give me a hint on how to use this in
>> blendstasktools?
>
> Its hard to give a hint.  What information do you *want* to use.  Just
> query for the key you consider interesting and present the data?

Yes. Something like data['upstream/metadata']['Repository']

>> I'd like to add some more upstream information (namely
>> the repository and the bug database) to the (alternative) package
>> listings.
>    https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata
> add a field (which is the current procedure to define a field) and add
> it inside the gatherer udd/upstream_reader.py to the list
> "other_known_keys".  These fields are taken over into UDD (to avoid
> cluttering UDD by mis-spellings).

Thanks, I'll did this for ASCL-Id now. Bug-Database and Repository are
already there.

However, I do not fully understand what to do then: are these fields
then columns in some table? How do I access them from webtools/tasks.py?
I tried to follow this with the references as example, but they seem to
be handled differently.

Best regards

Ole