Re: My sprint report

Hi Ole,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:19:12AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:

> From the udd git log, I can see that you also completed the reading of
> upstream/metadata in udd. Could you give me a hint on how to use this in
> blendstasktools?

Its hard to give a hint.  What information do you *want* to use.  Just
query for the key you consider interesting and present the data?

> I'd like to add some more upstream information (namely
> the repository and the bug database) to the (alternative) package
> listings.

Go to

   https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

add a field (which is the current procedure to define a field) and add
it inside the gatherer udd/upstream_reader.py to the list
"other_known_keys".  These fields are taken over into UDD (to avoid
cluttering UDD by mis-spellings).

> Another issue: For astronomy related programs, we have an attempt to
> index the available source code -- <https://ascl.net>. This library
> assignes a unique (citable) id to heach registered code. What would be
> the best way to include these ids? Would it be useful to add an
> "ASCL-Id" field?

Sounds like a perfectly valid application of the procedure I described
above.