Re: [GSoC] Rewriting tasks.py to exclusively use UDD

Hi Akshita,

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:26:09AM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> In blendstasktools.py, class TaskDependencies, the function
> GetTaskDependencies() reads information from tasks file. Since we are using
> UDD, this function needs major changing. I have written the queries to
> fetch all the information about dependant packages (which are in Debian and
> also prospective packages).
>
> Query 1:
> query = "SELECT DISTINCT b.package, p.description, p.homepage,
> p.maintainer_name, p.maintainer_email \
>                 FROM blends_dependencies b JOIN packages p ON
> p.package=b.package \
>                 WHERE b.blend='%s' AND b.task='%s'" % (self.blendname,
> self.task)
>
> The above query gets information about 'official' packages.
>
> Query 2:
> query = "SELECT DISTINCT bp.package, bp.maintainer, bp.homepage,
> bp.description, bp.long_description, \
>                 bp.vcs_type, bp.vcs_url, bp.vcs_browser, bp.section,
> bp.license, bp.wnpp, bp.wnpp_type, bp.wnpp_desc \
>                 FROM blends_prospectivepackages bp JOIN blends_dependencies
> b ON b.blend=bp.blend \
>                 WHERE bp.blend='%s' and b.task='%s'" % (self.blendname,
> self.task)
>
> The above query gets all the information about blends_prospective packages.
>
> How do I store the information that I get ?

You are perfectly free to decided this yourself.  As I said we are
rewriting the script and if you decide for new variable names or
data structures that's fine.

> Currently, what I am doing is using the same variables that are in
> blendstasktools.py and storing the information accordingly.

As I previously said I do not see any sense if you try to keep much of
my hackish code.  The result should be somehow identical web pages as
we have now.

> eg:
> Query 3:
> query = "SELECT title FROM blends_tasks WHERE task='%s' AND blend='%s'" %
> (self.task, self.blendname)
>         _execute_udd_query(query)
>         if curs.rowcount > 0:
>             self.metapkg.PrintedName = curs.fetchone()[0]
>
> Is this how I should continue ?

Yes in principle.

> Also, I an unable to push my changes to repo. This is my git config file:
> [core]
>         repositoryformatversion = 0
>         filemode = true
>         bare = false
>         logallrefupdates = true
> [remote "origin"]
>         url = ssh://git.debian.org/git/blends/website.git
>         fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> [branch "master"]
>         remote = origin
>         merge = refs/heads/master
> [user]
>         email = akshita-guest@users.alioth.debian.org
>         name = Akshita Jha
> [push]
>         default = simple
>

> You had suggested to change the url from git://..... to ssh://..... I
> changed it, but I am still not able to push to repo using git push. It
> gives me a the following error:
>
>     ssh: connect to host git.debian.org port 22: Connection timed out
>     fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Are you able to

   ssh git.debian.org

?

>     Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>     and the repository exists.

I checked the permissions (= whether you are a member of the Blends
team).  That should be OK.

> What can be the issue here ?

No idea, please try with ssh and confirm whether it works.