Re: [GSoC] Rewriting tasks.py to exclusively use UDD

Hi,

In blendstasktools.py, class TaskDependencies, the function GetTaskDependencies() reads information from tasks file. Since we are using UDD, this function needs major changing. I have written the queries to fetch all the information about dependant packages (which are in Debian and also prospective packages).

Query 1:
query = "SELECT DISTINCT b.package, p.description, p.homepage, p.maintainer_name, p.maintainer_email \
                FROM blends_dependencies b JOIN packages p ON p.package=b.package \
                WHERE b.blend='%s' AND b.task='%s'" % (self.blendname, self.task)

The above query gets information about 'official' packages.

Query 2:
query = "SELECT DISTINCT bp.package, bp.maintainer, bp.homepage, bp.description, bp.long_description, \
                bp.vcs_type, bp.vcs_url, bp.vcs_browser, bp.section, bp.license, bp.wnpp, bp.wnpp_type, bp.wnpp_desc \
                FROM blends_prospectivepackages bp JOIN blends_dependencies b ON b.blend=bp.blend \
                WHERE bp.blend='%s' and b.task='%s'" % (self.blendname, self.task)

The above query gets all the information about blends_prospective packages.

How do I store the information that I get ?
Currently, what I am doing is using the same variables that are in blendstasktools.py and storing the information accordingly.

eg:
Query 3:
query = "SELECT title FROM blends_tasks WHERE task='%s' AND blend='%s'" % (self.task, self.blendname)
        _execute_udd_query(query)
        if curs.rowcount > 0:
            self.metapkg.PrintedName = curs.fetchone()[0]

Is this how I should continue ?

Also, I an unable to push my changes to repo. This is my git config file:
[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = false
        logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
        url = "" href="http://git.debian.org/git/blends/website.git">git.debian.org/git/blends/website.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master
[user]
        email = akshita-guest@users.alioth.debian.org
        name = Akshita Jha
[push]
        default = simple

You had suggested to change the url from git://..... to ssh://..... I changed it, but I am still not able to push to repo using git push. It gives me a the following error:

    ssh: connect to host git.debian.org port 22: Connection timed out

    and the repository exists.

What can be the issue here ?