Re: [GSoC] Rewriting tasks.py to exclusively use UDD

Hi,

I had a really erratic internet connection last week. However, it seems to be stable now and this is an update on what I have done so far and what I plan to complete by the end of this week.

In blendstasktools.py module I have completed:

   - Rewriting and testing the methods InitMetapackages() and
   GetAllDependencies() in class Tasks
   - Rewriting and testing class Dependant Package
   - Rewriting the method and testing SetMetapackageInfo() in class
   TaskDependencies
   - Rewriting the method GetTaskDependencies() in class TaskDependencies.

This week, I plan to:

   - Test the method GetTaskDependencies()
   - Complete rewriting blendstasktools.py module to use only UDD

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Akshita,
>
> Any commit to the master branch of the remote repository will be
> automatically pulled by a cron job on blends.debian.{org,net} so we need
> to make sure that we will not break the production system.  Since I
> would prefer to check and test your current work we have two options:
> You create a new branch (gsoc, udd, whateveryouwant) or you choose a
> temporary new name.  WHen I started rewriting bugs.py I ave choosen
> bugs_udd.py.  The advantage of the later method is that you can test
> both in parallel on the production systems if you also use a different
> output directory as long as we are in development (.../tasks_udd or so)
>
> If you consider the later as an advantage yourself than lets do it this
> way.  Otherwise you might like to convince me about a different branch
> if you have some good reasons. :-)

I think your suggestion to use blendstasktools_udd.py and tasks_udd.py is good. I will commit my code to the repository soon. After that you can test the code and suggest changes.

Regards,
Akshita