Re: Blends and (astronomy) meta-packages

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
>> Can I use the blends-dev tasks without actually creating a blends task
>> but a "normal" metapackage?
>
> Before I can answer this question please define "normal metapackage".

A metapackage that does not appear in the tasksel list.

My idea here is: I can generate a "tasks" file very easily since
upstream provides a "registry.json" [1], which looks like

{
    "packages": [
        {
            "name": "specutils",
            [...]
            "pypi_name": "specutils"
        },
        { [...] },
        [...]
    ]
}

which can be used to retrieve the list, canonically build the Debian
package names (python-XXX; python3-XXX), request additional info from
pypi, and then create the tasks lista from that.

However, I would do that just for astropy-all, not for a "real" blends
package yet. I want to move the decision if these tasks are
debian-astronomy tasks to a later time.

Best regards

Ole

[1] http://www.astropy.org/affiliated/registry.json