Re: Blends and (astronomy) meta-packages

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> I also do not feel educated enough to decide between these three
> options.  On the contrary I have a foruth one:  I could imagine that
> there might be users who are interested in an astronomy-dev package
> which installs development tools for astronomy applications
> independently whether they might be Python or not.  To get this
> I'd recommend the blends-dev framework.

I must say that I didn't understand your proposal.

The nice thing about python libs is that they usually serve as end-user
applications (though ipython), and also as development packages. The
ease of conversion between an interactive analysis to a programs is IMO
what makes Python so successfull (and therefore maybe an
python-astronomy package would be useful).

Back to the [python-]astropy-all package: in the moment, the best would
probably be to have it separate.  I am still not sure whether it fits to
the idea of a "blends task". If it would be created independently, would
it be easy to integrate as a blends task if I change my mind?

Best

Ole