Re: [GSoC] Profiling SQL query (Was: [GSoC] Reg Blends Web Sentinel)

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:13:35PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > Getting tasks.py running under current testing would be also needed for
> > all Blends.  We stopped at the point when you said that a general string
> > conversion should be done in the end instead of any single string.  We
> > can do this once we are tackling our final goal when we rewrite tasks.py
> > from scratch to use UDD exclusively but for the moment a fix of the
> > current solution would be helpful once Jessie will be released since we
> > need to be able to run something on the new stable.
> >

> What is the error that is to be reproduced when running ./tasks.py. I don't
> get any error when running .tasks.py <blend>.

For instance:

$ cat logs/debian-med.out
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task bio for lang en.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 1329937: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task imaging for lang en.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 355061: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task laboratory for lang en.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u201c' in position 9294: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task practice for lang en.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u201c' in position 67906: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task bio for lang cs.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 1387087: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task imaging for lang cs.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 371997: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task laboratory for lang cs.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u201c' in position 9451: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task practice for lang cs.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u201c' in position 70632: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task bio for lang da.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 1386680: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task imaging for lang da.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 373038: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task laboratory for lang da.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u201c' in position 9451: ordinal not in range(128)
Some critical encoding problem occured when trying to render task practice for lang da.
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u201c' in position 71593: ordinal not in range(128)
Rendering Blend 'debian-med' took 73 seconds

Which results in some zero sized output files for instance

$ ls -l /srv/blends.debian.org/www/med/tasks/index.de.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 andreas admin 0 Mär 16 09:46 /srv/blends.debian.org/www/med/tasks/index.de.html

There should not be any file with zero bytes but

$ find /srv/blends.debian.org/www -name "*.html" -size 0

uncovers several.

I have sent a patch fixing the above mentioned unicode error in tasks.py for debian-med.

The error was due to characters present in the 'long description' of some dependencies in the 'unofficial' and 'prospective' packages. Also, there were some 'authors' names in the dependencies of 'wnpp' package that had the same issue. I wrote a try-except block in blendstasktools.py which encodes these characters for 'xhtml' rendering.

Now, there are no zero sized html files in /srv/blends.debian.org/www/med/tasks
Also,
$ find /srv/blends.debian.org/www -name "*.html" -size 0, gives the following output, which I don't think is relevant to tasks.py:

/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/data.html
/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/workstation.html
/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/statistics.html
/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/gps.html
/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/devel.html
/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/index.html
/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/web.html
/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/remotesensing.html
/srv/blends.debian.org/www/gis/bugs/osm.html

There are no errors for debian-med, debian-games, debian-gis, debian-junior and debian-edu.
The 'except' block in the patch has nothing for now, as I am not sure where exactly to log the errors. If you could help me with that, I'll modify the code.

Can you please go through the patch and let me know in case of any issues.

--
Thanking You,
Akshita Jha