Re: Any news about Blends in tasks selection (Was: Debian Installer Jessie Beta 2 release)

Hi Holger,

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 10:25:20AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > While this "no" means:  There exist 1 or 2 Blends focussing on a
> > specific desktop environment (as far as I know Debian Edu and Ezgo) but
>
> Debian Edu offers you the documented choices between KDE Plasma (default),
> Gnome, Mate, Xfce4, LXDE and Sugar. (And for jessie+1 hopefully Cinnamon too.)
> And as the documentation also says you can apt-get install anything else you
> wish from Debian too.
>
> So no, Debian Edu doesnt focus on a specific desktop anymore. A few years ago
> KDE was *the* choice, but iirc that was until ~2009 or 10.

Thanks for the clarification.  In this case I'd answer the question from
Bas

  > Do all blends work well with all desktop environments?

rather with "yes".

I'll send this to the other lists where the question came up to.  At
some point we should stop cross-posting to several lists, but since the
topic about the installer is relevant for debian-boot as well I'm not
sure whether it is good to leave this out.