Re: Any news about Blends in tasks selection (Was: Debian Installer Jessie Beta 2 release)

Hi,

On Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014, Andreas Tille wrote:
> While this "no" means:  There exist 1 or 2 Blends focussing on a
> specific desktop environment (as far as I know Debian Edu and Ezgo) but

Debian Edu offers you the documented choices between KDE Plasma (default),
Gnome, Mate, Xfce4, LXDE and Sugar. (And for jessie+1 hopefully Cinnamon too.)
And as the documentation also says you can apt-get install anything else you
wish from Debian too.

So no, Debian Edu doesnt focus on a specific desktop anymore. A few years ago
KDE was *the* choice, but iirc that was until ~2009 or 10.

cheers,
	Holger