Re: Any news about Blends in tasks selection (Was: Debian Installer Jessie Beta 2 release)

Quoting Bas Wijnen (2014-10-14 19:19:36)
> I have heard about [Blends] for quite a while, indeed, but I must say
> that I never entirely understood what they are.  I'm guessing I'm not
> alone in this.  So let me write what I think they are, and then you
> can correct me.  I've read the explanation on the wiki, but I'm still
> not sure if I understand it right.

[snip]

This is the canonical definition:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends#Terminology

If that's the text you found confusing, please do help by elaborating
what was confusing about it.

> Do all blends work well with all desktop environments?

No.

> I can see how some blends would focus to make things work perfectly
> with one of them only.  In such a case, it makes sense to omit the
> desktop selection after such a blend is selected, or at least let the
> blend define the default.

Good point!

 - Jonas