Re: Blends Live CDs

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 07:58:11AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I wonder where you found that blends-dev (the package) was mentioned in
> connection with creating DVD images.

Looking again I don't seem to be able to find it. I thought it was in
http://blends.debian.org/blends/ but it doesn't appear to be there. I must
have imagined it.

> I would be happy if there would be some easy mechanism to create live
> images and it surely could be included into the blends source package
> either by adding code to blends-dev binary package or even a new binary
> package say blends-live-helper since it has not to do anything with the
> primary goal of blends-dev to create metapackages.

If you take a look at [1] you'll see the config structure that is used by
live-build to create images. By adding in the task metapackages, it's a
really easy way of building live CDs/installer CDs.

[1]: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/blends/blends-images.git/tree/images/hamradio

> I think this is what the docs says:  Use the existing Blends
> metapackages to create a live image.  From my point of view this is a
> sensible way to create live images.

Yep, this is also the way the existing live CDs are preferred to be built,
by depending on task packages from desktop environments.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me