Re: Blends Live CDs

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 08:12:01PM +0000, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:

> The documentation on blends suggests that we use blends-dev to generate the
> live-build configuration,

???
I wonder where you found that blends-dev (the package) was mentioned in
connection with creating DVD images.

I would be happy if there would be some easy mechanism to create live
images and it surely could be included into the blends source package
either by adding code to blends-dev binary package or even a new binary
package say blends-live-helper since it has not to do anything with the
primary goal of blends-dev to create metapackages.

> but I don't think this is workable. There's going
> to be customisation that needs to be done. I notice though that you're not
> depending on the Games Blend metapackages but instead on the individual
> packages, I've not had any problems using the metapackages and it's more
> likely to be able to cope with missing packages.

I think this is what the docs says:  Use the existing Blends
metapackages to create a live image.  From my point of view this is a
sensible way to create live images.