Re: Blends Live CDs

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:

> Is there currently a system for producing CDs from Blends? I've had a look
> around but couldn't really find anything other than "we should discuss this
> in the future".

There is not.

> I have a plan for easily constructing live CDs for Blends based on
> live-build (and already have a CD for the Hamradio Blend). If there's an
> existing system, I'm happy to use that instead. If there's not, I can expand
> the infrastructure I have for the Hamradio Blend to add other Blends in and
> have CDs built for them too.

I think that any blends live/install ISOs should be built on
debian.org infrastructure in the normal ways that other Debian
live/install ISOs are. I would suggest talking to the
debian-cd/debian-live people about this. Please note that there is
ongoing work to enable builds of Debian live ISOs on debian.org
systems but that isn't concluded yet AFAIK.

I think looking at the existing live-images and live-image-* packages
would be the way to go here.

--
bye,
pabs