Re: Is there a VERY minimalist "Pure Blend"

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> [ I've Cc'ed you - please do tell if needed or you are subscribed ]

Likewise.

> Quoting Richard Owlett (2014-11-23 15:42:32)
>> My ideal system would have a kernel, Gnome2, apt-get/synaptic,
>> SeaMonkey and not much else.

GNOME 2 is no longer in Debian, but the fork of it called MATE is:

https://packages.debian.org/mate-desktop-environment

Iceape (Debian's version of SeaMonkey) was removed from Debian because
it wasn't security-supported:

https://bugs.debian.org/736165

You could use Iceweasel (aka Firefox) or netsurf as replacements.

> Possibly non-pure derivations of Debian exists which suits your
> needs adequately, perhaps others on this list know more and
> can give suggestions for that

There are numerous Debian derivatives, some are listed here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

As far as 'minimalist' distributions go, Crunchbang comes to mind.

http://crunchbang.org/

> (Paul Wise, are you listening?).

I'm subscribed to the list and reading mail sent here.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise