Re: pre-approved changes: Blends metapackages

Hi Andreas,

[dropping release team as recipient]

Quoting Andreas Tille (2014-11-12 15:25:30)
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 02:20:59PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> Per dda@ mails and freeze policy and probably other communication media,
>> please file bug reports instead of mailing the list directly.
>
> I think I understood this.  I just wanted to make you aware that
> *later* will be some update of the metapackages which as far as I know
> is a *pre*-approval.  The actual bugs will filed surely package by
> package *after* these are updated (which makes no sense currently
> since we do not know yet what packages will be in final Jessie
> release).
>
>> Without taking a definitive decision on the topic, I don't think
>> updating blends/meta packages should be a big issue (except if we see
>> an upload + unblock request every day for all packages);
>
> To keep your workload as low as possible the plan was to upload
> metapackages only *once* but late in the release process.  To get some
> acknowledgement for this I sended this particular mail.
>
>> so please do file bug reports, one per package, and we'll see what
>> happens on a case by case basis.
>
> I take this as agreement with the plan.

If you really do want to limit the workloas of the release team, then
don't try to second-guess how they might like to be contacted by email
when they explicitly request not to, and not try extract different
meaning from explicit request to please follow defined procedure.

I can only interpret Cyril's "and we'll see what happen" as "so this
response cannot be taken as pre-aproval, only as waste of our time."

I sure feel your frustration and craving for certainty - but that is
incompatible with keeping their workload as low as possible.

 - Jonas