Re: Adding game related tasks to tasksel (Was: Debian Games Pure Blend)

On 04.08.2014 11:50, Paul Wise wrote:
[...]
> How would d-i decide which packages containing tasks to install before
> running tasksel? AFAICT neither education-tasks nor isenkram are
> mentioned by any d-i component.
>
> I guess d-i needs to be changed to install all available tasksel data
> by default?

The responsible metapackage for the Games Blend is called "games-tasks".
It simply installs a .desc file to /usr/share/tasksel/descs and then all
tasks are listed before the standard tasks in tasksel.

So making all Blends tasks visible could be achieved by including all
*-tasks packages with d-i. However the list of tasks would get very long
that's why I think that all blends and standard tasks should be visibly
separated or the Blend tasks should be moved to a separate page.