Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hello Andreas,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

I did not found the time to dive into theses details but I think there
is no harm done to add an extra column to the importer.  If it turns out
helpful (which sounds probable to me when considering this discussion)
that's fine.  If we find an even better solution afterwards it is cheap
to drop it again in worst case.

So feel free to add the patch to the importer and I'll test and implement
it.

I have attached the patches. For each package check you perform I just added an extra check using the "provides" column. This check gets active once the initial check fails, for example:

Let's take the case where you check for the 'djvu-viewer' package (which is virtual)
First you do:
* EXECUTE blend_check_existing_package('djvu-viewer')

This execute call won't return anything. Now instead of moving in the next : "blend_check_package_in_new" it goes to:

* EXECUTE blend_check_existing_package_provides('%djvu-viewer%') --( I use "like" condition in where clause because "provides" might contain comma separated values).
This now returns a result so we set the contain_provides = 'true', if it fails(for another package) then it moves on to the next "blend_check_package_in_new" then goes to "blend_check_package_in_new_provides" and so on.

It might look a little dirty but I think it will work.

Kind regards

Emmanouil